Saturday, April 16, 2011

Orange and Green and Gold

This arrangement was a fairly large arrangement which I designed for the Nittany Lion Inn.  It is done with two oasis balls covered with chrysanthemums and gerbera daisies.  The green mums are on the larger of the two balls.  The white in the balls is done with the use of corsage pins.  The gerbera daisies are wrapped in flat wire, which I ordered especially for this project.  It adds interest, and increases the support for the daisies in order to prevent them from flopping.  The third and smallest ball is made of wrapped flat wire.

I am pretty happy with this arrangement.  Were I to do it again, I would order more chrysanthemums, but overall, this has been one of my favorite arrangements.  It was fairly simple to create, although the flat wire was new to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment