Thursday, January 13, 2011

A knitting post

This is an in-progress scarf I'm working on.  It is my first cabling project, and I like it very much.  I love that the yarn is variegated, but doesn't stripe, which I think would have looked very strange for this project.  The pattern is the Irish Hiking Scarf, which I found on Ravelry.  I started this pattern to practice cabling, which a friend had recently taught me.

When I asked him to teach me, he laughed, and said that cabling was ridiculously easy.  And he was right.  Cabling was very easy to learn, and I love the look it gives.

The yarn I'm using for this scarf is a Malabrigo 100% merino wool.  I've discovered a fondness for wool with this project.  It is super soft and warm, and I can't wait until I'm finished with this scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment